Business Insight Week - Belfast at PwC

Belfast

Connect with PwC

The week consisted of an induction day, 3 days of shadowing and an assessment centre day. The 3 days of shadowing consisted of 1.5 days in Tax and 1.5 days in TS. In both departments I was given client projects to work on and got to use excel and other programmes. We got paired with a buddy who helped us complete our taks, although everyone in the office was more than happy to help.

I was able to enhance many skills such as communication, team work and technical skills to name a few. I received training in Excel which is very useful and over the week I learnt many new skills.

I loved the programme: it was interactive and you got to work on actual projects and even listen in on live client projects. You were never bored!

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

PwC were very nice to us: gave us freebies and treated us like actual employees. Our induction was very insightful and our final day was really enjoyable. PwC really value you.

You get a timetable so everything you will be doing is layed out. As descried above: Day 1 - Introduction Day 2 - Shadowing Day 3 - Shadowing Day 4 - Shadowing Day 5 - Assessment Centre/ Celebration

Lots! We got a buddy, all employees helped us and I even got talking to people sitting in reception. I talked to people on the HApps programme and even the flying start degree programme.

Same as above.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

Very good - didn't expect to get paid since it's work experience but we will be so it was a nice surprise.

I learnt that working for PwC offers may social events: bbq, bowling or even laser quest.

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

Really enjoyed the experience, company and people.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

Prepare1 Prepare for the telephone interview and remember you have the AC on the Friday so prepare for the tests: in tray and psychometric. Get to know who PwC are what they do. Their employability booklet helps lots so use that as a guide.