1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I worked in a range of different departments where I completed tasks ranging from indexing to company searches. Aid partners and trainees with their work and generally help out around the department of that day.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I haven't gained any qualifications etc however, I can navigate my way around itranet and other business uses on the computer. I have learnt how to work in an office environment and developed my people skills along side my interest in law.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I loved my time at Pinsent Masons, it exceeded my expectations it is a great friendly environment.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
I felt very valued within each of the teams I visited, I received both external and internal recognition for the work I was doing. I was treated as a trainee and was aided were I needed to be, I was asked to help on a couple of real projects which I feel I really benefited from.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Extremely well organised however also flexible which enabled the trainees supervising me to include me on their tasks of that day
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I was offered a general induction to each department and the law they specialise in, I felt like I was able to ask my advisor anything and everything.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The HR team was always on hand and they helped at every opportunity. The receptionist made sure we were comfortable and happy. .
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are opportunities available however because of the timing of the placement I was unable to attend
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
Super friendly environment, everyone no matter how stressed were always up for a chat. A great place to work and feel comfortable.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Be social, they know you have the brains, they are looking for people with good social skills that they are willing to sit in a small room all night with and get a long happily.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!