Summer School Intern at BDO

£100 weekly
August 2015

Connect with BDO

It varies due to being in an audit department so for a couple days of the 2 weeks I went to a client and performed a basic audit and made the preparations for the main audit later in the year. Other than that it was mainly office work; calling and casting and various other tasks.

I have progressed my understanding about auditing and the general world of business and finance as well as improving on my communication skills and client interaction.

The programme was great! The people were really nice and there was a generally really calm and enjoyable atmosphere in the office which made for a nice experience. Furthermore everyone was really understanding and helpful as I didn't know what I was doing at the start of the course.

4. How valued do you feel by BDO?

I felt very valued there with everyone thanking me and being really appreciative of the work that I was doing, which was nice as it appeared that I was doing useful work.

The programme was well organised and well structured as I received a lot of support throughout the whole experience.

I received a lot of support throughout the process as they understood that I am inexperienced and not trained so they helped me by answering questions and showing me what to do so I can do it independently.

My employer and my training provider were similar roles as I worked for varied employees ranging in the hierarchy but again I received the same amount of support from whomever I worked for.

We received £100 a week with all of our expenses paid for so all my costs were met with an added bonus.

I was only there for 10 working days and 2 of them were out of the office at a client and this is the minimum of what employees actually do so within the auditing department there are a lot of opportunities for working outside the office.

9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *

Because they are a very supportive and understanding company who aid you with any problems you have and take time out of their day to help you.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *

Do it. It's great, they make you feel really valued and with such a prestigious company it looks great on your CV for other potential jobs in the future.