1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was in the London Audit Group in the Consumer Markets sector. I took part in several audit roles such as casting and preparing workbooks.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I developed my Microsoft Excel skills the most followed by my communication skills and confidence to meet and interact with new people in a professional manner.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I found the programme very useful especially giving me an insight to a career in audit, I was never in a situation where I was bored since I was given work to do regularly.
4. How valued do you feel by BDO?
There is a very strong relationship between everyone in the sector and you're always valued by partners to managers to ordinary staff.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Programme was fairly well structured however, there were certain instances where I didn't know how to do certain things since it was not fully explained to me.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The support is fantastic, you can always ask questions and people are willing to listen to you and help you.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The support is fantastic, you can always ask questions and people are willing to listen to you and help you. The HR is readily available to help you when necessary.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Salary for the Summer School programme is no great but your travelling expenses are covered so you save money on travelling costs.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are several opportunities such as sports clubs and socials that BDO organises for the sector. Here you get to meet and bond with the rest of the team.
9. Would you recommend BDO to a friend?
It's an incredible company to work for especially if you're looking for a smooth transaction from school to work as everyone is very friendly and ready to help and support you.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO?
Make sure you learn BDO's values and that you're a type of person who would feel comfortable to work with those values.
More from BDOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!