1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Reviewing and checking over colleague audit work
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed excel skills and have gained an insight into what being an accountant involves and how a firm like this operates
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have enjoyed it progressively more, notably on the second week due to having more interesting tasks to fulfil. The first week was not quite as beneficial in terms of seeing audit work
4. How valued do you feel by BDO?
I feel very valued every member of staff has been lovely and very welcoming, since getting to know everyone better I have really started enjoying coming in each day
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is not overly well organised because the work we do is reliant on another member of the team having work for us to do which isn't the case all of the time. Having said that I have had a lot to do in my second week helping out with a property project
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A brilliant amount, anyone in the office is happy to help at any time however they are not always present in the office.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
They are always happy to help me find work if I'm kicking my feet at all and would be there if I had any issues
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
very well, I would have taken this sort of experience for free, to receive £200 is brilliant
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
As I am only here for 2 weeks I have not experienced any events outside of work but I know various office football tournaments and events such as that happen
9. Would you recommend BDO to a friend?
It is great experience for you CV as it is a competitive course and the experience of office life and how an accountancy firm operates is invaluable.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO?
Be really eager to learn and take in what is going on with the work you are doing
More from BDOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!