Audit Work Experience at BDO

Southampton
Other

Connect with BDO

8.2/10

My role in the company is to experience what a job in BDO would be like and what to see the day to day operations of the company, specifically the audit department.

I have developed many skills whilst I have been on my work experience including furthering my data entry skills with programs such as Microsoft Excel and Acces.

I have enjoyed my work experience very much, although sometimes it was a bit tedious doing the same thing for an extended period of time, it has been very useful in experiencing what a career at BDO would be like and very helpful in deciding whether to go down the University route or to go elsewhere.

4. How valued do you feel by BDO?

I feel like I have aided the office in a very large way, with a lot of filing and office organisation being done by myself and hopefully will mean the office can be more efficient.

The programme is structured fairly loosely with the possibility to do different things every day. The support given is very helpful and the overall training is very broad.

I receive a lot of support from my training provider with help regarding what to do in times when I may be stuck with something or unsure what to do. They have also been very gracious towards me whilst I ask for explanations.

I receive a lot of support from my employer as I am always being looked after whether it be by a new employee or a manager, everyone is very available for help which is very useful when unsure about something.

Although we are not on salary we do have our travel expenses reimbursed for us which is a great help if you have to travel by train or car to get to the office each day.

I have not been able to experience many events outside of the workplace due to only being here for 2 weeks however I am aware that there are a lot of opportunities to meet people around the office at events such as the football tournament each year.

9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *

It is a very nice place to work with very good morals that are reflected positively by every employee in the office. As a result of this the atmosphere in the office is very nice.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *

I would say to apply as early as possible to try and get your foot in the door. Although I never went to any insight days I have been told that they are very good at showing the business to a person with no previous experience.