Work Experience at Pinsent Masons

£0 annually
31st July 2015

Connect with Pinsent Masons

7.1/10

The first day was mainly presentations on law and the firm (Pinsent Masons). I was in a group of 15 work experience students and we had further presentations on Litigation, Entry to Law, and Commercial Law. The following 4 days had me in a different section of the law firm: Corporate, Commercial, Energy, and Technology. I did News Updates, research, case summaries, and was introduced to the members of each team.

I haven't learnt any particular skills, but I have gained lots of information on Law as a career and what solicitors, especially trainees, do.

I really enjoyed the programme. Being in a group of students meant we met at lunch time and could discuss the situation with someone who was in the same boat. Everyone was really nice and helpful and I was given contact details for a few trainees, which is really good for the future.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

I feel very valued. Everyone was willing to speak to me as a person, not simply as a young work experience student and they gave me work to do that they had done previously.

Really well structured- induction, presentations, days in each area.

Everyone was willing to help, the other students were also a good support group, and we were given the contact of the head of work experience recruitment.

Very good.

No salary, but the costs of travelling into London each day from Surrey were high and food was a bit pricy too. However, the location is a good insight into working in London.

There are loads of opportunities, including corporate responsibility volunteer work with the local community, sports, social events, etc.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *

It is very hard to get work experience in a law firm and this was perfect for insight into the career. Its also good as a general insight into a commercial firm in the broader sense.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *

Stay in London so as not to incur high transport costs.