1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I did research tasks, daily presentations and had discussions and interacted with trainee solicitors from many departments.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have gained knowledge regarding certain aspects of the law- in particular law concerning property, litigation and corporate.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much so- I have gained experience of a working law firm and have been able to discuss routes in to law as well as gain confidence.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
Everyone has been welcoming and very nice- I feel as though I have been valued by Pinsent Masons.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme has been very well structured with daily presentations and a day in each department.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have received plenty of support and yet have also felt a sense of independence and responsibility.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The trainee solicitors have been very helpful and supportive, I have emailed and got in touch with people who weren't appointed my supervisor.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I have not received a salary/package as I have done this voluntarily through a work experience course.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Pinsent Masons has a weekly yoga and pilates class for lawyers, the work to social life balance also seems to enable many opportunities outside work.
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
A great law firm, very friendly and professional. I have learnt about the gap year programme and vacation scheme- I want to come back therefore it seems natural to recommend this to a friend.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Do not worry, it is daunting and scary however everyone wants to help you and is impressed that you are doing the course in your own time.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!