1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Title - work experience. Daily tasks - research and sitting in on powerpoints. Daily interactions internally - only with other students and trainees. No external interactions. Some responsibility, can have a very small role in aiding trainees with important work.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, have learnt the structure of contracts, using legal jargon, about various aspects of law and also various projects the firm works on.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Some, did not meet my expectations, have enjoyed but not as useful as I had hoped.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
Fairly, treated very much as a work experience student. Short internship does not allow much much appreciation.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Induction and general training was good. Daily powerpoints also good. Task delegation was poor. But in general well organised programme.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Tutoring - eg. powerpoints were very good from grad cheme/trainees. Enjoyed some tasks set.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Good guidance and support from trainee solicitors. HR team introductions on first days were good.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
unpaid, costs are minimal, travel from home, location ideal for me personally.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
Looks good on CV, idea of office environment, networking and taking tips from trainee solicitors, some good experiences, idea of commercial law.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Application process is long, but gaining a place looks very good on cv and provides networking for the future. No interviews or assessment days, would like to have been told that the internship is in fact work experience, not shadowing a trainee.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!