Work Experience at Pinsent Masons

Manchester North West
July 2015

Connect with Pinsent Masons

8.6/10

I was in a different department of the firm each day for a week, and each day I would be given a task relating to that department and what a trainee solicitor does on a day to day basis.

Yes, I have learnt that attention to detail is key and not to be afraid to ask for help

I enjoyed the programme at Pinsent Masons quite a lot, as I was made to feel very welcome and taught new things that I would not have known before going to university if it was not for Pinsent Masons work experience.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

Very, I was made to feel very welcome!

The programme was very well organised and structured so that I knew exactly what I was doing when and who with every day. Yet I was given enough freedom to complete the tasks given on my own independently.

I had a different supervisor every day and some gave more help and advice than others and some gave more independence than others.

A lot, everyone was available to talk to

It was unpaid - however I would not expect to be as it was for my benefit.

None were arranged as it was only for a week, but the location of the firm (Spinningfields) enabled you to go for lunch/out to socialise with other members of the work experience group.

9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?

It helped me to decide if law as a degree and corporate law as a career was for me or not. I was also given fantastic advice on how to go about obtaining my LPC, and helped to decide if doing the GDL or LLB was the better option for me. It helped me to see what it was really like as a trainee solicitor rather than the slightly 'romanticised' view that I had prior to the experience there. I was made to feel welcome and challenged appropriately.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?

It is a very long application but worth it! Be honest why you want to do it and only do it if you really are interested in commercial/corporate law not just because it will look good on UCAS!