1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
In Pinsent Masons as a work experience student, each day we were sent to a different department to get a real dip in the pond and a wide spread experience of how all the different departments work. Looking into really interesting cases and meeting some amazing people on the way. Highly recommend for anyone going in for a commercial law career.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to be more open and confident in the things that I do. When you get chucked in at the deep end, you get on with it, and shockingly it is right - on the other hand if it is not, they will sit down, explain and tell you what you could improve on.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Everyone I met was really friendly and welcoming. The others I did the programme with were really helpful in that I am from England and was sitting in Glasgow!
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
I feel that they met my needs and I got a well rounded view of what it was like to work here. It is great how all the staff are together in one office so there is no division between job hierarchy.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was the most organised and time tabled work experience I have ever been on which was really good. It was well structured and everyone was on time.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We had different supervisors everyday and they were only ever on the end of an email! If you ever needed help or support, you just pop to their desk or drop an email.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as required! Our trainee solicitors sitting as our supervisors were great!
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
No expenses or salary, I paid for my own accommodation and travel from Lincolnshire, England to Glasgow.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
This is a really good follow up for a career, great starting point, you can really look into the life and work of a trainee solicitor.
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
As it was a really good experience! Well organised and well worth doing!
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Be prepared! Its not as scary as you think!
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!