1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Shadowing trainee solicitor working in different departments each day. Attending presentations in the morning on different aspects of law.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed organisational and researching skills. Given me a huge insight into applying for law and studying law in a great city! (Edinburgh)
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Great working with different departments. Experienced a broad range of law. Exceeded expectations as I didn't know what to expect, would recommend it to people interested in law.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
Worked in really engaging teams, feeling very welcomed by all staff. All trainees have given really useful advice and made all students feel welcome and engaged throughout the week!
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Great structure to the week! Meeting the other students on Monday morning and participating in team building exercises was really useful and communication was outstanding throughout the week.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
All of the trainees provided an honest insight into training as a solicitor- all trainees and staff were engaged, welcoming and offered very helpful advise.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Pinsent Mason's has been a great company, providing
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The location of the two offices in Edinburgh are great- very close to the town centre (5 mins walking in heels). Visiting the Courts was great and very useful! Lovely building
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There's always something going on in Edinburgh- especially towards the end of July. Went out for lunch with the other students and went to the cinema with other students! Great week
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
Very insightful experience to law. Would recommend to anyone considering/ perusing a career in law as lots of tips/ presentations throughout.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Take advantage of the work experience/ vacation schemes that Pinsents offers as they are very useful and can be a great stepping stone! Be enthusiastic and enjoy yourself :)
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!