1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My main roles in my workshop are to carry out new vehicle preperations, level one services and used car checks. I also take the old tyres and put them outside when they start to pile up at the end of the day. on fridays I clean my work area.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have learn some new skills for example changing brake disks and pads and have learnt some more complex tasks from other technicians such as removing a clutch.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme because I am always doing something different everyday, where as in a different job role like call center it is very repetetive doing the same thing
4. How valued do you feel by PSA Group?
PSA Peugeot Citroen send us for training in their academy so it feels like they want us to become very well trained.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Please leave a comment on this question.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I've recived support from my training provider when i needed help getting started using the computer system for service box
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer always supports me for anything i am not sure about and he books me onto training courses in the academy.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I think my salary is ok for the tasks i am doing now but it would be nice to get a bonus :)
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
i think now that i have learnt some new skills it might be more desireable to an employer.
9. Would you recommend PSA Group to a friend?
because they train us good, staff treat eachother well and if you have passed your driving test you can operate a new company car on a staff finance type of deal.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PSA Group?
apply to a busy dealership so there is always good service work coming in.