1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Working in each department to receive an insight into data operations, price valuations and various systems used.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Learnt how to use each system as well as a deep understanding of how investment banks operate including the workings of mid to front office.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoyed it as the people were very welcoming and willing to teach me everything they are working on though many were busy.
4. How valued do you feel by M&G Investments?
I felt quite valued as I was introduced to everyone and immediately became part of their team.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My whole programme was organised prior to my arrival since I was working in each department on different days. Also my hours were finalised in advance, including breaks.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
For each task I was given, my supervisor ran it through with me once-twice so I could understand it and made step to step notes if it was particularly complicated. They then watched me complete the task and after left me to do it by myself, though I was able to ask any questions I had.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer explained the process at the start, caught up with me briefly every day and then gave me a final debrief on the last day which was very useful.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My lunch was provided daily which was very useful.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
During my work experience, I was also given a talk on further opportunities including apprenticeships and graduate programmes as well as general advice on entering work/other opportunities which I found very insightful.
9. Would you recommend M&G Investments to a friend?
It was a friendly and engaging environment to gain some vital insight into investment banking and useful experience on systems such as Bloomberg.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to M&G Investments?
Do some prior research of the company so that it is easier to get stuck in quickly.
More from M&G InvestmentsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!