1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is a 'Funeral Service Operative' within the Coop group in particular 'Funeral Care'. My day to day role is as follows :- Driving funeral vehicles Maintenance / cleaning of the fleet, Preparing deceased, Preparing coffins, Taking deceased into our care from their place of passing , Transferring deceased, Attending funerals,
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I've learnt the importance of team work . Being open minded and the willing to expect the unexpected .
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The nvq was very intense but a great sense of achievement now it has been completed successfully . I enjoyed every aspect of it.
4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?
I feel extremely valued within the work place. We are such a small team and we are all valued very highly
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme was very well structured. Meeting were never cancelled and my nvq assessor was brilliant
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
[This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] She was friendly and highly professional and very helpful at all times .
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer supports me all the time with it being my day job or my part time career
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Really well. My wage is exceptional and we manage very well.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not to use my nvq but joining the army as a reservist is my second career
9. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?
It a great qualification to hold and to do it through work is even better
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?
Keep on top of the nvq. You control it don't let it control you. Keep focused on it and it will be a great journey and once it's completed you can look back on it with pleasure with absence of achievement
More from Co-opMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!