1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
• To honour and respect our clients wishes and to see everything through our clients eyes • Have the client at the heart of everything we do • To ensure the smooth and effective running of a funeral home, to ensure all funerals are completed in a timely and appropriate manner in accordance with deceased and or family wishes • Maintain leadership and be accountable for your actions and actions of others within your team • To be custodian of the deceased • Live up to and respect our promise, and carry out My promise in line with individual performance reviews • To guide, teach and develop others • To support the business moving forward and encourage community engagement • To ensure we are successful in getting it ‘right first time’ and exceed our clients expectations. • Protect and respect others well being • monitor Health and Safety for all • To safe guard the business and to promote at every opportunity • Be proactive to all situations and deal with them accordingly • To delivery and maintain high standards
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Listening, coaching, guidance, patience, deeper understanding of grief and bereavement
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Fully with great enjoyment and exceeded my expectations
4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?
Very, been a co-operative Group employee since 2008 and feel my comments, concerns are listened to and also that I am taken seriously by my local management team
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very - clear and consistent programme knew from day one what was expected and when also the timetable was very well oragnised to coincide with pre exisiting training
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
full - my external support worker from learn direct was very supportive my internal training provider was obviously a lot busier with all other staff and training that was needed to be rolled out throughout the business so I dont feel that I had the confidence to call upon them as I did not wish to hinder what they were doing however I had back up from my manager, other qualified Fuenral Directors and also my external support
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
From my manager a lot of support and also my Regional manager was a great help. other colleagues within the business also supported me and this was a great comfort
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The basic rate when on your apprenticeship does not match your needed and I also belive that the current rate of pay is not adequate again to meet my personal needs
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?
I beleive in the values of the co-operative group and its ethos, I am a great believer of our promise and that the group is once again heading in the rigt direction
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?
Be honets, tell them via your CV , covering letter and interview what it is about you, what you can bring to the role and not necessarily look at answering the questions to what you think they want to hear, be individual and above all be yourself
More from Co-opMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!