1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assisting with all commercial duties, working closely with the Commercial Manager. Responsible for over 30 subcontractors some of which have values in excess of £1 million. Responsibilities include variations, valuations,payment notices, package management, instructions, EFCs and labour monitoring. Also contributing towards cost and cash flow forecasting and any other commercial duties required.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Variations, valuations,payment notices, package management, instructions, EFCs and labour monitoring. Cost & Cash Flow
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Great cohort, meeting new people across the breadth of the company. Great exposure to different parts of the business and people.
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
Achievements and hard work rewarded well.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
First cohort so experienced some early teething problems. More structured and organised from 3rd year onwards.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Very well supported throughout both from the programme and direct line manager.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Very well supported.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Competitive package and meets expectations.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Company annual events
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
Strong & Supportive company. Continuous push for development, exposure and increased experience.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
Its a long 5 years but well worth the hard work in the end.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!