1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Standard QS duties day to day, with day release quantity surveying degree
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes lots - professionally at work, academically at uni, and personally through training modules
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much so
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
They invest a lot of time and money in your development but sometime lack support
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Decently well organised
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Just about enough at university
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A fair bit from different sources. Could perhaps be better guidelines on which issues come under who's remit
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Initially poor, but soon becomes competitive
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Uni obviousy and some social events
9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good company to work for, invest a lot of time and money in you and the programme
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *
Read up on the various careers in construction and think about which suits you prior to assessment.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!