1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Trainee CAD Designer Helping out with designs Helping out with measures Conducting PI checks Working on the counter Answering the phone
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
CAD training at Northampton How to conduct product check lists Customer Interaction Phone communication
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Working as a team Conducting tasks individually Becoming a member of Howdens
4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?
Appreciated by the management and the staff but also made to feel like I am a needed member of the team.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
From the Howdens side it is very well structured but from the external parts due to distance from the office visits a far between.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
They say if I am ever stuck or need help with anything then I am to get in contact with them.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot, anything I'm struggling on he gets himself or a member of staff to help.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Is a little tight but it is supplemented by another job.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I don't know of many yet but I have only started.
9a. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It's a great company to work for with plenty of progression and job role changes that you may want to take up. They also look after there staff unlike a lot of larger companies.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery? *
Just be yourself and if you are hard working then you will get on well here.
More from Howdens JoineryMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!