Engine Tester at Jaguar Land Rover

2011
Coventry

9.3/10

My final role includes working in engine test using sophisticated software to measure emissions of the latest prototype engines.

Yes i've learnt qualifications such as an IMI Level 3 in Auto Electrics, hybrid training, BTEC Level 3, performing engineering operations and an NVQ Level 3.

The apprenticeship really met my expectations and I have thoroughly enjoyed all my 4 years at Jaguar Land Rover.

I have always felt valued at JLR especially by my internal manager and at college through my internal training mentor too.

Training at JLR has always been very well structured and I have had plenty of support meetings which have been well structured everytime.

I have always received support from my internal manager and my ITM whenever I have had any issues. Any issues I have had have been dealt with promptly and in confidence.

I have received a lot of support from my employer which also involve getting any further training I have needed.

My salary has always been great at Jaguar Land Rover and well above what I expected from an apprenticeship.

There has always been many opportunities outside of work where I have been to multiple company events to promote the JLR apprenticeships both at big venues such as the NEC and at smaller schools.

Brilliant place to work, many further opportunities outside the apprenticeship and competitive rates of salary for an apprenticeship.

Research the company beforehand and try and speak to someone who has been through the application process previously.