1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My final role includes working in engine test using sophisticated software to measure emissions of the latest prototype engines.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes i've learnt qualifications such as an IMI Level 3 in Auto Electrics, hybrid training, BTEC Level 3, performing engineering operations and an NVQ Level 3.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The apprenticeship really met my expectations and I have thoroughly enjoyed all my 4 years at Jaguar Land Rover.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
I have always felt valued at JLR especially by my internal manager and at college through my internal training mentor too.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Training at JLR has always been very well structured and I have had plenty of support meetings which have been well structured everytime.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have always received support from my internal manager and my ITM whenever I have had any issues. Any issues I have had have been dealt with promptly and in confidence.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I have received a lot of support from my employer which also involve getting any further training I have needed.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary has always been great at Jaguar Land Rover and well above what I expected from an apprenticeship.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There has always been many opportunities outside of work where I have been to multiple company events to promote the JLR apprenticeships both at big venues such as the NEC and at smaller schools.
9. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend?
Brilliant place to work, many further opportunities outside the apprenticeship and competitive rates of salary for an apprenticeship.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover?
Research the company beforehand and try and speak to someone who has been through the application process previously.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!