Store Apprentice at Aldi

30th June 2015

5.9/10

It varies, you may be rotating between working back stock chiller/ambient/bread, deliveries, serving on the tills, or replenishing special buys.

I have learnt how to deal with problems in a limited amount of time, my personal skills have improved from dealing with customers on a day to day basis. I have learnt how to deal with returns/repairs, missing products and how to file a claim, the right way to rotate products, how to perform date checks, change the compacter and so on.

Everyone is friendly, you won't leave work without at least smiling once.

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

It is nice when my efforts are recognised as Aldi roles require a lot of responsibility.

Not really

My induction was a week long, as for training it lasted a couple of days but was quite brief, information I did not know I learnt as my apprenticeship went on. Some members of staff and deputy's were helpful, assisting me with any queries or problems I had, I did not really get updates on my progress except for when it concerned my till speed. Task delegation could be poor sometimes I think this was mainly down to a lack of communication, sometimes I would be giving different tasks by different members of staff which would usually cause problems.

I don't feel like i have had the support i needed,

Throughout my apprenticeship I have been well supported by my section manager and deputies.

The pay is quite good considering it is an apprenticeship, I am able to pay my bills, travel costs, daily costs have enough left over to put into savings and to spend on general social events.

Some staff members organise little outings, I can receive discounts from the company for travel, electronics, gym etc.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

The company pay quite well, you are guaranteed to gain new skills and improve on your current ones, there are also many possibilities of moving up in the company.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Be honest Work hard Don't be afraid to ask for a helping hand