Apprentice at Aon

Farnborough
30th June 2015

8.0/10

I provide support across all three verticals of Aon Affinity’s – Professional Services Group, Small Medium Enterprise and Affinity Practices Group (APG) – helping the marketing mangers/executives with ad- hoc tasks. I also support our analytics and insight managers with frequent research; providing an internal insight and competitor newsletter each month which is distributed throughout the business.

Recently I have been asked to support our E-Commerce Manager. This has involved content editing, development and writing HTML code for our website, insurance.aon.co.uk/business . I have been taught how to use a Content Management System (CMS) called Sitecore which allows us too manipulate/create/edit any piece of content we write and develop it online.

I became a Financial Promotions approver which involves understanding the FCA guidelines and applying them to a piece of marketing material to make sure it is approved by Compliance for sign off.

Each week I support our Ecommerce manager by conducting a Webmaster- Search Query Tracker on Google Analytics so we are able to analyse where our highest click through rate is coming from our website and from an organic search on Google.

Thouroughly enjoying the programme, it has allowed me to develop as a professional whislt learning about the insurance industry.

4. How valued do you feel by Aon?

I feel very valued by Aon, i am constantly being encouraged to take part in aspects of work outside of my apprenticeship to further my development.

Very structured, I am in constant contact with my tutor and my manager aranges bi-weekly meetings to make sure im on course.

The support i receive from Farnborough College is excellent and help me with whatever issues I have

The support i receive from Aon is good, in particular my line manager is excellent and helps me with whatever issues I have

Being in the Surrey/London commuter belt area, costs here are very high, i feel the salary could match the area better.

Other than a cricket club i have joined there isn't much here.

9a. Would you recommend Aon to a friend? *

They look after you and provide an excellent way to start your professional career

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aon? *