Electrical installation at Laing O'Rourke

2009
Newport

Connect with Laing O'Rourke

I'm a 1st year electrical installation apprentice. I install metal trunking, metal conduit, metal tray and also run power and lighting cables during the first fix. During the second fix I do anything from connecting up various lights to sockets.

I have learnt many new skills since working out on sight and also my knowledge of the trade has improved.

I am very passionate about my job and I am focused on climbing the ladder of success within the company.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at Laing O'Rourke

4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?

For a first year apprentice I feel very valued as I have been asked to help with a number of jobs and I also feel that I have been trusted from my supervisors to carry out a good job.

The programme is extremely organised as we have regular team building activities throughout our apprenticeship.

I have regular meeting with my training advisor during college and at work and I can get hold of him any time I like.

I receive a lot of support from my employer and feel I have a number of people I can talk too if there is any problems.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at Laing O'Rourke

For a first year apprentice I am on a very good wage.

Yes there are opportunities outside work.

9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *

Because in my opinion it is an excellent run programme and there are chances to do further courses once qualified in your trade.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *

They are a great company to work for and there are a lot of benefits working for such a successful company such as them. You are supported right the way through your apprenticeship and there are chances to climb the ladder if you show effort and put the work In.