1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I'm a 1st year electrical installation apprentice. I install metal trunking, metal conduit, metal tray and also run power and lighting cables during the first fix. During the second fix I do anything from connecting up various lights to sockets.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills since working out on sight and also my knowledge of the trade has improved.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am very passionate about my job and I am focused on climbing the ladder of success within the company.
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
For a first year apprentice I feel very valued as I have been asked to help with a number of jobs and I also feel that I have been trusted from my supervisors to carry out a good job.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is extremely organised as we have regular team building activities throughout our apprenticeship.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have regular meeting with my training advisor during college and at work and I can get hold of him any time I like.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a lot of support from my employer and feel I have a number of people I can talk too if there is any problems.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
For a first year apprentice I am on a very good wage.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are opportunities outside work.
9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because in my opinion it is an excellent run programme and there are chances to do further courses once qualified in your trade.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *
They are a great company to work for and there are a lot of benefits working for such a successful company such as them. You are supported right the way through your apprenticeship and there are chances to climb the ladder if you show effort and put the work In.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!