Maintenance Engineer at Unilever

Manchester

Connect with Unilever

Currently, I am a part of the maintenance team on site. This involves carrying out preventative maintenance tasks on the machines whilst under the supervision of a shift engineer.

On the apprenticeship course, I have learnt numerous new skills as well as broaden the skills I already had. I have completed a FESTO pneumatics course, a robotics course, and I am just about to attend a PLC Course at Seimens. All of this is on top of the foundation skills taught at college, which included machining, welding, hand-fitting, electrical maintenance and mechanical maintenance amongst others.

I thoroughly enjoyed the programme, as it combines practical skills with theory work. This is the end developed further when back on site as it is solely practical on site but then theory back on block release. It is enjoyable to be hands on and active at all times throughout the day whilst also learning.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Unilever

4. How valued do you feel by Unilever?

Feel very valued as part of Unilever due to the way I am treated. Monthly meetings with my line manager, keeps him involved and also lets me highlight any issues. It is also a moment for him to give praise where necessary.

The programme is very well structured due to the progression plan put in place. This helps you understand where you are and where you are going in terms of training and support.

The support on the programme is first class, if needed the support can be daily from mentors and also managers. Everyone is willing to help and support your development.

There is a lot of support from Unilever, if needed there are many options of support for you to take. Not only do they support with work problems but also support home and personal problems too.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Unilever

Salary is outstanding for meeting costs and living. Very attractive in comparison to other companies.

There are many opportunities to volunteer to do local projects, get involved in work clubs.

9a. Would you recommend Unilever to a friend? *

Outstanding prospects, education and experience is vital to work in an engineering environment and also the pay is competitive.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Unilever? *

Be yourself, and make sure that you are fully interested in Engineering first.