Software Engineer at Capgemini

Cardiff
29th June 2015

Connect with Capgemini

8.7/10

My current role is 'Software Engineer' and I am a member of the Production Support team. On a day-to-day basis I will triage new calls and work on prioritied service requests and incidents to resolve the problem.

Since starting this role I have learnt and developed two main skills, SQL and Java. I am now confident with SQL and have recently completed an Advanced SQL course.

Although there have been some issues along the way, I have enjoyed the programme and the people I have met along the way. Learning whilst working has allowed me to graduate with a Higher Diploma and 2 years industry experience.

4. How valued do you feel by Capgemini?

I do feel valued by Capgemini and believe they treat their employees well. I have received regular pay rises / promotions that are structured through the GAP programme.

My intake did encounter a few issues during the programme, however that was the fault of a 3rd party. Capgemini now have a well organised programme.

I can't praise my last assessor enough, he was extremely supportive and always available if I needed help.

Being able to work from home around deadlines for assignments was a big help. Capgemini do their upmost to help as much as possible.

I am a lot happier with my salary this year than last, I also believe we have a very good benefits package.

I am involved in a lot of school based activites outside of work and have regular opportunities to get involved with charities too.

9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend? *

I believe this programme is very well structured and has a smooth transition into the Sponsored Degree which is optional.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini? *

Enjoy the bootcamp and ask a lot of questions!