1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My current role is 'Software Engineer' and I am a member of the Production Support team. On a day-to-day basis I will triage new calls and work on prioritied service requests and incidents to resolve the problem.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Since starting this role I have learnt and developed two main skills, SQL and Java. I am now confident with SQL and have recently completed an Advanced SQL course.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Although there have been some issues along the way, I have enjoyed the programme and the people I have met along the way. Learning whilst working has allowed me to graduate with a Higher Diploma and 2 years industry experience.
4. How valued do you feel by Capgemini?
I do feel valued by Capgemini and believe they treat their employees well. I have received regular pay rises / promotions that are structured through the GAP programme.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My intake did encounter a few issues during the programme, however that was the fault of a 3rd party. Capgemini now have a well organised programme.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I can't praise my last assessor enough, he was extremely supportive and always available if I needed help.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Being able to work from home around deadlines for assignments was a big help. Capgemini do their upmost to help as much as possible.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I am a lot happier with my salary this year than last, I also believe we have a very good benefits package.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I am involved in a lot of school based activites outside of work and have regular opportunities to get involved with charities too.
9. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend?
I believe this programme is very well structured and has a smooth transition into the Sponsored Degree which is optional.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini?
Enjoy the bootcamp and ask a lot of questions!
More from CapgeminiMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!