1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My day consists of:
- Broker shadowing
- prepartion of slips and submissions
- GRIP input (Internal data entry)
- Claims analysis
- Quaterly reviews - kepping track of other team admin
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
The skills that i have learnt whilst i have been at Aon are:
- Increased confidence when conversing with people
- Technical insurance knowledge
- Improved excel skills
- Improved presentation skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme that Aon run is a great thing to be invloved in. The help and support that i get from the team and from our training providers the skills company leaves nothing to be desired. The most important thing for me is that enjoy coming in to work everyday.
4. How valued do you feel by Aon?
As an apprentice there are many benefits to be had, we get invited to many events which make you feel valued and part of the firm.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is very well structured and organised, we have an 18 month plan which we adhere to that details our training days and other parts of the plan and also the culmination of our programme with our CSR project and final sign off from the programme.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions from the skills company is great, anything we need or want we can just email or phone her and she will reply with a helpful suggestion or the answer that we need. The training sessiosn that she provides us with are also very well prepared and full of useful information
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Aon give me the support that i need, they give me lots of opportunities to attend training sessions and give me help and advice on nay quesstions that i have.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
This area could be improved, currently i live at home with my parents which makes the apprenticeship salary just about managebable. If i was not living at home it would be impossible to live off, as i would not be able to afford to pay for accomdation, travel and amenities.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are lots of opportunties to engage with collegues outside of work, i play football which is great as you get to meet new people who work for the firm.
9a. Would you recommend Aon to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Aon is good place to work, there are good career opportunites and the people who work here are great and have a lot of time to help you out if you need it, and most importantly i have fun which is the main thing.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aon? *
Advice for other applying to Aon;
- Be positive
- Do your research on the company - who are Aon, what do we do
- Ask questions
- Try to enjoy any experience you have in the compayny of Aon
More from AonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!