- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How valued do you feel by Thomson Airlines?
- 5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
- 6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
- 8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
- 9. Would you recommend Thomson Airlines to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Thomson Airlines?
My Job role is to 'fix' Airliners at Thomson Airways. I have to esnsure their safetly when flying. At a line station, we do smaller daily checks like oil levels on the engione and that the aircraft is fit for flight.
Deffinatly, I will be able to get an A licence at thje end of the apprenticeship and have a level 3 NVQ. I've been sent to a specilist company and been on many courses which have enriched my learning. I've also learnt very important hand skills.
To every extent!! I couldn't ask for better people to work with or a better company to work for!! I look foward to coming to work every day and learn somehting new every day too.
I'm treated like any normal employee, which at Thomson, is very well!! Everyone looks out for you and always included, even in external activitys.
Our trainning department have put together a fantastic program which is packed with the things we get to do. As an Airline we are very structured and organised in the way we opperate.
They can't do enough for us!! we have specilist trainning rooms with qulified instructors. If we need anything, within reason, Thomson will provide it!
They can't do enough for us! If we need anything. Within reason, Thomson will provide it! We are allocated mentors who sort everything out for you.
I am very well paid but it's a hard job too. Being at an Airport, travel links are great and we get 50% off travel on trains. I have the lates phones, gaming consolesd which i have saived up for.
There are diffrent clubs such as fishing and badminton. We get cheap gym memberships too!! There are loads of things to do and we get holiday discount which most people use to it's full advantage.
It's a fantastic oppotunity not to be missed. It's with an amazing company with amazing people!! I feel proud when people ask me who I work for and what I do.
Don't apply if you aren't intrested in planes and engineering. You need to have a true intrest in planes or you won't enjoy it to it's full potential.
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)
Engineering & Manufacturing, Medicine, Science & Pharmaceutical, Catering & Hospitality
East of England