maintenance apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover

birmingham

8.3/10

My working hours at the college are 9-6.30. i am currently in my 2nd year so i am only in college on a monday.

Yes ths course has been good for me

I think that the program is good but the first years course was better than the second.

I feel that i am valued very highly by the company.

At the start of the year we did not have a permanent teachers in some lessons so it was a bit hard with swapping teachers as they don't know our individual level.

To contact and get support for the training provider is very hard and to get answers is also hard.

When at work we receive very good support all round.

With living in Sutton Coldfield and having to travel to Trident it is hard to live on the wage I earn. Also been 22 i am trying to save for a house and on this wage it is impossible. But i understand that this is a very well paid apprenticeship and my eyes are set on the future within my company and it is 100% worth waiting and completing the apprenticeship.

We are always receiving emails through our JLR email about events and other activities. This is a very good idea to get people involved with the company.

It is a great experience and great way to get an education why earning money and getting full hands on experience within the working environment.

Get some background information on the company before you apply so you have a knowledge about what you are about to go into. Relax on the day because everyone is very friendly and are there to help you and not try and catch you out.