1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a technical designer apprentice for graphic packaging international. I help out with the day to day roles within the department which includes outputting new designs, production work and sample cutting.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a lot of new skills as I was pretty new to the print and packaging business. I quickly got an understanding of the business and became a vital member of the team
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy my apprenticeship as I am learning whilst in a working environment. I feel it is a good way to continue education after college amd get the experience required for the jobs that are around.
4. How valued do you feel by Graphic Packaging International?
I feel I am a highly valued member of the team by my managers and fellow colleagues. They are always there when help is required and supportive so I can push myself further.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme works quite well with being at work full time, and having assessor so come out and see how I'm doing and updating me with my course. Also internal training within the company to achieve my goals.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive a lot of support as I am in constant communication with my training provider , as they are guiding me through my course and helping me with what I need to do next. Massive positive.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a vast amount of support from my employer and they have given me the confidence to push on and expand my role so I can get involved even more. They are always there for support.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I am extremely pleased with my salary, which is good as I am also still in education so being paid whilst continuing to improve my grades is a massive positive for me,
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are many opportunities outside of work for me to get involved in such as sport activities that I like to participate it on a regular basis. This helps with team building and having fun with friends,
9. Would you recommend Graphic Packaging International to a friend?
I would recommend to a friend as I feel the programme has been successful with me as it has been a stepping stone from full time education to a work environment to get valuable experience.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Graphic Packaging International?
Go for it!
More from Graphic Packaging InternationalMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!