Business insight week intern at PwC

Sheffield

Connect with PwC

8.2/10

My role during the business insight week started on Monday with an induction day and finished on Friday with an assessment day. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I was in the Sheffield office and my role centred around shadowing my 'buddy' Shahid and learning from him.

I believe that from the experience I significantly developed my communication skills and teamwork skills having seen how pivotal these skills are in the office environment. Furthermore my auditing skills benefitted from the experience.

I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience programme with PwC. I found that the office was full of friendly people who sought to encourage me at every turn. Furthermore the people I met at the assessment day and induction day were also very friendly. The programme exceeded my expectations.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

I feel very valued by PwC due mainly to the vast amounts of correspondence received by me from PwC following the course. This has indicated to me that I have not simply been forgotten by PwC but are indeed valued by the company.

The programme was well structured. The induction day at the beginning of the week proved helpful in indicating to me what the week would entail and how I should approach any challenges facing me during the week. The three office days also gave me just enough time for me to get feel of working in an office environment.

I received a great deal of support from my training provider who was able to support me at every turn. Any problems that I came across I was able to consult my training provider who was quick to provide me answers to my questions.

My employer was very supporting during the programme especially my 'buddy' Shahid who communicated easily with me and was able to assist me with any problems that I faced.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

The salary for the business insight week was sufficient in order to attract me to the programme. Any travel costs that I faced were covered by PwC such as my train costs from Sheffield to Birmingham\Leeds

Due to the fact that I was only on the business insight week programme for a one week period there were not many opportunities for me outside of the workplace and this is understandable.

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience working for PwC as I found that the salary was exceptional for a one week placement. Also the people that I came across during the experience were very pleasant. Therefor I would recommend PwC to a friend.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

I would advise anyone applying to the business insight week programme for PwC to ask as many questions as possible to get the best insight into life at PwC. Following that I would advise others to be as confident as possible during the interviews and assessment days and convey as many ideas as possible.