Trainee Associate at PwC

Embankment, London

Connect with PwC

8.2/10

Working in the Forensic Services department (Forensic Accounting), my role is extremely varied. I am generally tasked with assisting more senior team members to complete client work as well as assist in ways to develop the firm internally.

Both, I have learnt a variety of new skills; both technical and personal. This includes Microsoft Excel and Accountancy skills, as well as communication and team working. I am currently studying towards the CFAB qualification.

The firm is extremely supportive of me and they clearly take a proactive approach towards my development. The work is often very varied and I am provided with good opportunities to become involved.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

Relatively well valued, however I found some of the induction processes quite patronising. This is perhaps because I did have some corporate work experience prior to starting my apprenticeship.

Well structured with good induction, training, support processes in place. However, there is some ambiguity over the long term future and it would be good to have more clarification.

An adequate level of support, I personally don't feel I'm someone who needs a lot of support and hence it is pitched at the right level for me.

Again, I receive sufficient support that suits my needs and working style. I do feel that if I needed more support then it would be available to me.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

I am fortunate enough to live at home and therefore do not have an extortionate London rent to pay. My salary is enough for me to live on at the moment and considering it's an apprenticeship, I really can't complain.

Yes, there are a variety of sports and social events that I am encouraged to get involved in. For example, I play in the Forensic five-a-side football team and there are often social events after work.

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

A highly reputable firm where they offer a lot in terms of support and development. Having PwC on my CV will no doubt work in my favour throughout my career.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

Do as much research and preparation as possible. There are plenty of forums online that provide a wealth of insight and info from past/current applicants.