TS associate (Higher apprenticeship) at PwC

Belfast

Connect with PwC

7.1/10

I work as a Transactions services associate within PWC. Day to day I work with deals teams to provide due diligence on company accounts in relation to mergers and acquisitions. Working mainly with excel and powerpoint I have worked on many large projects.

I am working towards a Certificate in Finance Accounting and Business as well as my higher apprenticeship. PwC provide training courses where I get the tuition required to pass exams. As well as this we get coaching on business skills- communication, presentations, IT Skills etc

I enjoy working for PwC. there is a good social culture in the firm and I have made new friends working with different teams. I have also had the opportunity to travel. Overall the programme has lived up to expectations.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

I do feel valued by PwC. I have been involved in a number of large projects and have received good recognition and feedback for this. However sometimes I have to work long hours with no extra financial reward.

The programme is well structure. We received good initial training and induction. The teaching and exams are well spaced out and you receive good support with your studies. There is a good team structure with clear responsibilities.

Excellent support. I am provided with a Kaplan tutor who I can contact at any time. I receive classroom teaching before exams and have a good support network should I face any problems. Overall I have been very pleased with the training provided.

My manager is very supportive. I have regular progress meetings and chances to ask questions. HR are also easily contactable and very helpful. The firm has a good attitude towards supporting staff.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

The salary/package is the one area where I think the firm could improve on. My salary this year was £12750. Given that I often work long hours and don't receive overtime I feel this is an unfair amount. Often on such a low salary it can be difficult to meet living/travel costs.

There are good opportunities outside of work. There have been away days and adventure activities that have been enjoyable. There are social events and charity events. I have also played 5-aside football for the firm against other companies

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

It is a good place to work with many opportunities to travel. There is a good social aspect. Its a good place to gain professional qualifications as you learn.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

Do plenty of practice for online tests in application process. Make sure to prepare well for assessment centres and interviews. Studying the firms global competencies is a good place to start.