Funeral Arranger at Co-op

Essex

9.7/10

As a funeral arranger I arrange funerals. I deal with the families, I liase with third parties- doctors, crematoriums, churches, ministers etc do paperwork. I advise families in the best possible choices for their loved ones.

I would say I have developed existing skills- I alerady had the basic knowledge of how to arrange a funeral but have really developed that knowledge and now have a deeper understanding of the laws and practises regarding fuenrals.

I enjoyed this programme immensley, I learnt things that I wouldn't have learnt straight away and looked into things that I never knew we did.

4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?

I feel very valued by the Co-op, giving you the opportunity to do an NVQ in a job I feel passionate about is not something that other companies do.

At the begining it was a bit unorganised- I got given my books and wasn't sure what to do, but once I met with my NVQ assesor and she explained to me I understood and from then on it became more structured.

A lot of support- I was always able to contact my trainer and no question seemed silly.

I received the perfect amount. I wasn't rushed into getting it done, I was given the time and the facilites to do everything I needed to do.

The salary meets my expectations. As I am a employee of the co-operative group I receive a discount with I can use in food, stores, electrical etc

There are plenty of opportunities outside of work, as a funeral arranger we get heavily involved with the community of your local branch.

9a. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend? *

Before Funeralcare I worked for the Co-operative Food I feel very passionate about everything that the Co-op stands for. It's ethical and not only does it care about the people that work for them but the communities in which they serve. It's a trusted name and somewhere I am proud to work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op? *

That the people that work for the co-operative group are passionate about their jobs and all work as a team. It's not a place for individuals.