Engineering Apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover

Warwick

8.6/10

My day to day basis involves college study monday to friday for the first year, with intervals of in plant visits. After training is complete, my job role will be a Site Services Electrician.

I have learnt MANY new skills and developed my skills further. Such as mechanical maintenance, Electrical wiring, PLC, Robotics and more

I really enjoy the programme which I am on and couldn't fault it.

I do feel valued at JaguarLandRover, When I work in plant, I am treated like others are and properly respected.

The programme is very organised. After the first few weeks of organising and getting everything into shape, a consistent timetable occured which everyone stuck to as well as 6 monthly block changes.

I am very supported, both educationally and personally should I need advice on any matter.

My employer has a great attitude towards apprentices, very welcoming, tries to get them stuck in which is for the best and supports us through our needs.

The starting wage against other companies is great, The pay rises are quite a good increase. Depending on living costs, if differs to what bills certain individuals need to pay for etc. For myself, I personally find it okay.

There are a few opportunities out of work, I rarely see them at the moment. I am sure they will pick up when in plant placement though.

It is a brilliant company to work for, great pay, benefits, holidays and pensions etc. You are treated well. Get to work for a great company and see fantastic cars. Its really exciting and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Just be honest, respect others and treat them how you would want to be treated. Be mature and do not mess around, make a good first impression and keep it up.