Advanced Apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover

Warwickshire
£220 weekly
26th June 2015

4.3/10

Full time at college for the first year, it is good but could be better organised. Lessons from 8-5 most days and some days all day workshop. Little to none responsibilities with regards to college.

I have learnt a few new skills and developed a lot of skills I already had. I feel like I should be learning more as the lecturers seem to be teaching us how to write an assignment rather than teaching us on a broader scale.

I enjoy working for an amazing company, but feel like the course should be more tailored to our needs. I enjoy being at plant a lot more than I enjoy being at college. Looking forward to next year where we will spend more time actually at work rather than at college.

At the moment in college I feel like there is a lot of pressure on us to give a good impression of Jaguar Land Rover, but there is not a 'value' in a sense when we are at college. When we are at plant I feel a lot more valued as a team member. A lot of the time we are treated as children at college rather than adults which they expect us to be.

I don't feel like there is a great deal of organisation of the course. The training is happening and assignments are getting completed but the PEO/Trailblazer paperwork wasn't ready so has become very organised.

I feel like I receive a lot of support from my ITM but not a great deal of support from the college tutors.

Due to being at college full time I feel like I am disconnected from people at work apart from my ITM.

I find it difficult to be able to pay for everything I need for example living costs, running a car etc. Some months I struggle and I am lucky enough to have family that can help me out occasionally. But, from an apprenticeship wage I feel like it is a good wage to be on considering the minimum wage.

There are opportunities but unfortunately being at college we get forgotten about so do not hear of the events. A lot of the time being an advanced apprentice I feel like we do get left out and the highers are asked to go on events rather than advanced.

It is a great company to work for and you can progress and grow by working for them.

Just be yourself, try not to act like you would think they are expecting. Everyone I have spoken to is very friendly and they wont try and grill you they will just want to chat.