1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assistant Quantity Surveyor for Expanded, overseeing the commercial aspect of Elephant Road. Day to day role includes cost value reporting, subcontract management amongst other tasks.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
many skills including relationship skills with colleagues suppliers clients etc,
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
really enjoy the programme especially the modules which not only develop you in line with business direction but also personal development.
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
I do feel valued in my current role.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
very structured with a good programme team
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
training arranged internally but sometimes outsourced with companies such as dove nest and lane 4 which are very good providers.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
great deal of support with line manager, mentor, and support from the programme team.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
reasonable salary when you take into account the uni fees are paid for, and due to large amount of travel I have a company car however I do not personally feel it is currently in line with market rates in the role I am fullfilling.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
yes, always able to arrange events with colleagues.
9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
good company to work for enjoyable role and plenty of support.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *
make sure you research the company and role applying for as knowledge of this will help.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!