International Launch Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

2011
Birmingham
26th June 2015

9.8/10

International Manufacturing Launch Operations Apprentice Attend design reviews to make a positive impact on manufacturing processes. Collectively engage with engineering, AME, finance, purchasing, construction, design, etc to aid in the decision of putting in a new plant overseas. Travel to other sites and countries to benchmark against competitive automotive OEM's.

Interacting with engineers, managers and directors through presenting and completing tasks.

International communication, Body engineering software, statistical measurement. Confident decision making, positive impact through cross functionality.

I enjoy travelling, attending various reviews to get a broader understanding of JLR and its culture, we have a great launch team consisting of quality, Trim and Final, Body in White, Planning, Paint and other sectors which allows me to obtain great experiences of different areas.

I have gained two recognition awards in the past 18 months from management within my department and external departments for business behaviours and showing quick thinking and initiative.

Asked to assist with major events, and felt extremely valued at JLR throughout my time so far.

The programme is organised to a very high standard with great support not just from my training mentor but also from the apprenticeship team.

Study support is readily available if you wish to take it and great opportunities are given to you so that you can create a great impression on the business.

Guidance and support is available at all times. Conflict and issues either personal or at work can be dealt with through our training provider. Mentors are always helping and go the extra mile to ensure that you are achieving a high standard.

Support is available from the department and from the apprenticeship team, however there isnt alot of engagement from HR.

Salary is extremely competitive as an apprentice, if not the best throughout the country. Pay rises are subject to your performance and travel costs and living costs would not be an issue.

The salary also allows you to enjoy time socially.

There are an abundance of opportunities to take part in CSR events, external events, internal events and JLR take a strong interest in health and wellbeing.

There are also initiatives and programs within JLR where you can help set up events for employees for example the diversity council.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here so far, learning a massive amount of information whether it is in engineering or from a business point. Opportunities are available should you wish to aspire to them.

Support is fantastic and the wage is great. There are so many options at JLR now being one of the countries leading businesses whereby you can progress through hard work and determination.

Confidence Quick thinking Great team player Be professional Above all enjoy what you are doing.