1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Quality assistant, this involves carrying out daily inspections on all items during production, including dimensional and visual checks pre and post production.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I am halfway through a Construction HNC, learnt how to read drawings and appropriate paperwork and carried out various tasks and tests for quality control.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy having a day at college for my assignments and all the practical work that is involved in my job, everyone at work is helpful, understanding and easy to get along with.
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
I feel like a valued employee and feedback from my manager and peers suggest that I am a valuable asset to my current role.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I believe it is fairly well organised, there was a little confusion during the interview process from the talent leaders but it was quickly sorted. There was a thorough induction and there is plenty of support available for my studies.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My tutors are readily available to contact and have provided me with a lot of help and support when I needed it.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My manager has been very helpful from the start and has always been around for support and guidance in my job role when i have required it. It feels like he makes it his priority to ensure i am happy within my role.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary meets my living and travel costs well and I am able to live fairly comfortably off of it.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are always opportunities to take part in charity events and company events and activities that are fairly local to work.
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
They provide great opportunities to people who want to start a career within the construction industry and are very helpful and supportive from the start.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
Do a little research on the company and show a keen interest in what you are applying for, also don't be afraid to ask questions.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!