Quality Assistant at Laing O'Rourke

Sheffield
Other

Connect with Laing O'Rourke

6.9/10

Quality assistant, this involves carrying out daily inspections on all items during production, including dimensional and visual checks pre and post production.

I am halfway through a Construction HNC, learnt how to read drawings and appropriate paperwork and carried out various tasks and tests for quality control.

I enjoy having a day at college for my assignments and all the practical work that is involved in my job, everyone at work is helpful, understanding and easy to get along with.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at Laing O'Rourke

4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?

I feel like a valued employee and feedback from my manager and peers suggest that I am a valuable asset to my current role.

I believe it is fairly well organised, there was a little confusion during the interview process from the talent leaders but it was quickly sorted. There was a thorough induction and there is plenty of support available for my studies.

My tutors are readily available to contact and have provided me with a lot of help and support when I needed it.

My manager has been very helpful from the start and has always been around for support and guidance in my job role when i have required it. It feels like he makes it his priority to ensure i am happy within my role.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at Laing O'Rourke

My salary meets my living and travel costs well and I am able to live fairly comfortably off of it.

There are always opportunities to take part in charity events and company events and activities that are fairly local to work.

9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *

They provide great opportunities to people who want to start a career within the construction industry and are very helpful and supportive from the start.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *

Do a little research on the company and show a keen interest in what you are applying for, also don't be afraid to ask questions.