1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Cadet Planner Document Snags Team None Identify Snags
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Civil Engineering Degree Role specific Programs e.g. Asta Communication Skills How the construction industry operates on a day to day basis
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Enjoy working with my team
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
Valued by my manager Valued by my team
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
3 day induction Varies forms of support e.g. Manager, Team, Programme
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Some support from university but often not helpful
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
When I ask I am almost always immediately provided with an answer. I can approach anyone in my team and my manager
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
In my current state my I believe that my salary is acceptable but if I were living away from home then I don't believe it would be enough
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are a fair amount e.g. Charity events, Football team
9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
If you want a career in the construction industry then I would highly recommend this programme as it provides you with the opportunity to enter the workplace early whilst going to university.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *
Be confident and enjoy the application process! Be prepared to be thrown in at the deep end and be able to stay afloat
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!