EY Audit Associate at EY

Liverpool
School Leaver Programme

Connect with EY

8.7/10

I interact with clients and the EY team to find sufficient proof on the clients accounts. For example, I will go through files and documents and tick them through to the client's database, or I will discuss with the team how to resolve an issues we find.

I have had internal training courses and have began my exams to become a qualified accountant. I have learned more about Assurance and Accounting.

The teams change on each engagement which makes it more various but less sociable because you can not have close working relationships; I have a lot of people who I talk to on lync but I don't see them day to day that much.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 7 roles at EY

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

I feel like my input and level is almost equal to those joining as a graduate. Most of the time I feel able to contribute to team discussions and I know that as I progress I will earn more responsibility and feel more valued.

I don't know much about what to expect in the future but I definitely trust EY to get me the qualification of becoming a chartered accountant at the end and trust that once qualified I will be in an advantageous point in my career. I feel supported by my peers and seniors - I was given a buddy and counsellor at the start of the year.

I was given enough support necessary to achieve my goals of passing my exams and qualifying.

I have a counsellor and buddy and there are clear communications of the near future events to be aware of e.g. exam courses or training courses. If I have a problem I have a number of sources of help and guidance.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 7 roles at EY

I would probably not be able to move out from home and live on this salary, but as I progress the wage goes up and then I will.

There are occasional events which EY encourages me to get involved in outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *

It offers a fantastic qualification, is a great start to my career and I have had a huge amount of experiences since starting.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *

Learn to drive early if you are in Assurance; there are long and awkward commute on some clients.