Senior Associate at Deloitte

School Leaver Programme

8.0/10

I work in mergers and acquisitions tax as a senior associate. My role involves advising on private equity transactions and preparing due diligence and structuring reports.

I am currently working towards the ACA and CTA qualifications. We also receive regular internal training on commercial and tax issues. I have learnt a lot over my time at Deloitte.

My work is very varied and I get to work with a number of different people from all walks of life. I have enjoyed the programme throughout and feel I have an enjoyable job.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

4. How valued do you feel by Deloitte?

The people I work for often show their appreciation for the work I produce and offer regular feedback. I feel like a valued member of the team on most projects I work on.

The program has been well organised, from induction to where I am now. It is not as well organised as the graduate programme as it is a much newer programme and therefore is still experiencing some teething problems regarding the spread of exams etc. There is a clear study and work support system in place though and this can be used any time.

Kaplan are excellent tutors and are happy to answer any questions I have between college and exams. They are very supportive and make studying as painless as it can be.

I haven't had any major issues since joining Deloitte, so haven't relied on any support system. Their general attitude is one where you should speak to someone if a problem arose and I would feel comfortable doing this.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

I live at home so my salary more than covers my costs. I earn less than the graduates that started the same year as me despite doing the same work, but they are qualified so this is fair to some extent.

There are constantly social events organised by our department, including monthly drinks, an annual couple of days away and ad hoc celebratory/leaving drinks. We also have a community day once a year.

9a. Would you recommend Deloitte to a friend? *

It is a great place to work and there are endless opportunities to move to other countries, get promoted and continually develop your knowledge.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Deloitte? *

The application process is quite long and tough, but it is worth it. I found everyone I spoke to during the process extremely friendly and it was easy to ask questions if there was anything I wanted to confirm.