Auditor at Deloitte

School Leaver Programme

7.9/10

I am an auditor for Deloitte within the Corporate Audit department. I go to client sites regularly & audit their financial year-end accounts. This involves a lot of face-to-face interaction.

I am training for the ACA qualification & have therefore gained experience & knowledge over various types of accountancy, including assurance & tax. I have developed my social & organisational skills, as well as learning how to audit.

I enjoy it greatly. It allows me to experience new types of testing daily, & I feel that as every week goes by I learn something new. The social & technical aspects of my job are very enjoyable.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

4. How valued do you feel by Deloitte?

Deloitte have appraisal systems as well as a Limelight award bonus. We get provided with feedback for every job. We don't get treated as juniors, we get given a lot of responsibility immediately, which makes me feel valued.

I don't feel that the programme is structured as well as it could be. I believe the programme could easily be structured over four years, rather than five. Furthermore, I feel that the college aspect is not organised. We have recently been informed of a change to our college schedule, however no-one is able to tell us what this has changed to.

We receive constant support in terms of training materials & tuition. The documentation provided by Kaplan is very good, & in general the teaching is of a high quality.

We receive support when requested from Deloitte. They allow us to have independancy, but then are also very supportive when help is required. I feel this is a good set-up.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

Whereby I travel from Essex, this takes up 20% of my salary. Furthermore, my livings costs take up another 25%. I feel the salary could be better for the quantity of work I put in.

There are vast social/sporting opportunities with peers & the department. We have various sporting teams as well as meals to celebrate the end of an audit. We have Christmas parties & Summer Balls/away days.

9a. Would you recommend Deloitte to a friend? *

Deloitte is overall a very enjoyable experience, and the knowledge/expertise I have gained from my time here is great. Although the workload can be intense, the thought of a professional qualification such as the ACA is worthwhile.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Deloitte? *

I would advise people to do their research prior to interviews, & be prepared for a tough first interview. I would advise people to enjoy the interview experience & gain invaluable life skills from it. I would definitely recommend Consumer Business as an audit department for the variety of audit clients you may work on.