1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Carry out mechanical maintenance tasks on a nuclear power station, along side a mechanical technician or engineer.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Constantly learning and practicingskills used on a day to day basis.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my job, learning while working on jobs is by far the best practice for me. I feel its the best way to get a good standard of learning and experence.
4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?
Rather highly the company spends a lot of money ensuring the apprenices get good learning oppertunities.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is well structured however the first 2 years were a slow pace and I feel the qualifications achieved in these 2 years could be achieved in a short time frame.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Constant support is there if needed.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Constant support there if needed.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It is a well paid apprenticeship for a young adult however I personally have to watch my income as I am a home owner.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes I am on day release once a week at college working towards HNC mechanical engineering. Also social and charity events.
9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good apprenticeship, many learning oppertunties & decentwages for appreniceship level.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *
Depending on the area of the company they apply for.
More from EDF EnergyMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!