1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am woking as an assistant manager and have progressed with Asuith over the last 10 years. I help the day to day operation of the nursery alongside the manager and cover her in her absence.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
During my time at Asquith and the training I completed to get my degree I have learnt more indepth about the way that children learn and the technics to use to help support their learning.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoyed working with the Open University. It was hard work and you needed to be very self motivted but my tutors throughut were very helpful. I also worked closely with other staff as they were also completeing the course.
4. How valued do you feel by Bright Horizons Family Solutions?
I feel very valued by Asquith my manager really helped me during my course with ideas and any challenges i may have come across. Staff are always praised for the good work they do and are rewarded with thi as well.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the company is well stuctured and there is support which ever area you need it in, this could be in recruitment or marketing or even other nurseries in your local area.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The Open university were very helpful during my course they were always contactable and able to support where needed, they were flexible and we were able to defer if we had any family issues.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Asquith were very supportive during my training I was able to take study leave when i had an exam and was also able to do course work in work time if allowed. I would ask other nurseries for help too and some of the other staff had already completed the degree.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I was given funding by the OU and the local authority to complete ny course this really helped me out finacially.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Bright Horizons Family Solutions to a friend?
Asquith are a very good company to work for. There are lots of oppurtunities to progress in the company if someone wanted too. I have really enjoyed my time at Asquith and would absolutly recommend it to my friends.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Bright Horizons Family Solutions?
Read up on the EYFS. Always go the the interview with knowledge about how children learn and the stratagies that can be used to support this.
More from Bright Horizons Family SolutionsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!