Relationship Management Analyst at Fidelity International

Surrey
16th June 2015

Connect with Fidelity International

9.6/10

During the apprenticeship I got the opportunity to work in two different roles. The first was as a Pricing Analyst and the second was in the Relationship Management team. The Pricing team was operational so there were clear deadlines and this helped give a sense of responsibility and time management from the beginning. Overall this was a diverse experience and I learnt a lot.

The scheme helped me to enhance my Presentation skills. This is something I now have to do in my permanent role. I completed the IOC as part of the program and this involved learning a lot independently.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with people of all different levels and experience as I found everyone no matter their level to be friendly and always willing to help.

4. How valued do you feel by Fidelity International?

I feel like a very valued employee, I have received a tremendous amount of support throughout the period and would recommend the Apprenticeship to any young individual looking for their first full-time office role.

There is a clear program in place which has evolved over time. I think the support during exams could be improved slightly by having a dedicated person to run tutorial sessions and provide lectures on some more complex investment topics.

The college that provided support to complete the IAQ Administration level 3 was supportive and guided us to complete this qualification however there could have been more support with learning the IOC exam material.

I have been very lucky to have always had supportive managers who are willing me to succeed and this has really help me thrive in the roles I have undertaken. I would feel comfortable asking any member of my team for help and support and I know they would give it to me.

The starting salary was very competitive in the market. In fact I found other roles and schemes to be lower paid.

The company is involved with Charity events, fundraising, social events etc. and everyone is more than welcome to take part.

9a. Would you recommend Fidelity International to a friend? *

The company is global and there is lots of opportunity to move into multiple areas of the company. As an Apprentice you are given a clear path initially and support which is great.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Fidelity International? *

Don't be put off by the assessment days as these are set to challenge but everyone is capable of doing well. It's a good first challenge and what recruiters are looking for is potential at that stage.