1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
On a daily basis i will be in the office working with the engineers on real issues that arrise in that speciffic placment that i am in
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have gained a large amount of qualification over the program and have also gained the knowledge of using CAD packages for the design of a RN ship
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Although there are placements that are less enjoyable then others the teams are always happy to help in any way that they can
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
i have always been involved in real tasks that will be implemented on ships but i feel that on a higher level we do not get as much recoginision for these tasks as a standard for the company
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel that the apprenticeship is well structured although i believe that it could be improved by knowing the next placement that we are going to.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The training provider that we have does give us a large amount of support although the facilities that it offers are not suitable for HE students a large amount of time.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer is always happy to give support to me although it does feel like the support is slow due to other reasons then my manager
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary package is good for an apprentice although talking to apprentices in other company's and parts of the business they get more.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is always extra events that can be completed outside of work although sometimes it does feel like they have already decided who they are going to send to particular events prior to sending the email out for the event
9. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
Due to the qualifications and the experience gained compared to other options at my level.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems?
If i was giving advice i would say that you should not worry about any of the interview process and also not to be worried about the company being slow with information transfer to you.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!