retail apprentice at Aldi

Manchester/Stockport

9.0/10

I am currently working as a store assistant training to be a manager. my daily task involve: working the mix, working the chiller, produce or bread. My tasks will usually change daily, also I have recently started on a till so that is more responsibility I have to take. I interact with people on a daily basis helping them around the shop floor and listening to any problems they have.

The qualification I am working towards is retail management. I have learnt a lot from this experience for example how you need to interact with people, the rotation of products, the different expectations which the managers have and also the targets I have set which I aim to achieve.

In all honesty the job did meet my expectations because I expected that it wasn't going to be easy and it wasn't. There is a lot of responsibility involved and also a lot of pressure which you need to be able to deal with. I do enjoy the job, because at the end of the day a jobs a job so I cant really complain, its a very pro active environment I am constantly doing something which is good. The work and jobs which are set are very challenging but with the team I have I am able to do the all of jobs to the best of my ability.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

My managers give me honest feedback which gives me areas I need to improve on, as there's always room for me to improve. My involvement is usually very good I always feel involved in work I am given. Sometimes I think I could be given more recognition for the jobs I do which sometimes go unnoticed but most of the time its not a problem

The Induction, training, support, etc. Is all very good everything has never really been an issue.

My tutor comes in every month and sets me work for the next visit. I think her guidance is very good and I feel I can talk to her about most things.

I feel from the employer I do get support however sometimes I think that there could be a little bit more.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

Anything to do with money at Aldi is fantastic! couldn't ask for anymore.

Aldi is my first job so I don't have much to say for this question.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

Because not only is the money side of things fantastic also the job in general is a great way of meeting new people and improving your confidence. It also open a lot more opportunities for you in the future.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Make sure you have passed maths! so that when counting change on the till you are able to do this easily. Don't take the job lightly make you give 110% every time you walk out on that shop floor! Also confidence is key when meeting people and dealing with problems.