Headend Apprentice Engineer at Virgin Media

Glasgow Scotland
June 2015

Connect with Virgin Media

9.8/10

I am a Headend Apprentice Engineer, on a day to day basis i complete maintenance and fault tasks on the equipment that supplies Virgin Medias customers with TV and Broadband.

From the very start my experience and skill levels within this job type was virtually zero, so there has been a massive change in my skillset in the last 2 years.

The programme with Virgin Media could not be better, it is a great way to learn while earning. By the end of the apprenticeship i will not only have a job but als will have a HNC in IT and Computing systems.

4. How valued do you feel by Virgin Media?

I feel valued by Virgin Media. This is shown in the extensive benefits package that we receive as being an employee here.

The programme has taken time to get on its feet as its the first of its kind in Virgin Media. However, now that it has been running over the last 2 years now I feel the programme has came on leaps and bounds

I receive as much or as little training as i require. I have a mentor available to train me on a day to day basis and also have my manager available to assist with any HNC queries

As previously mentioned i receive as much or as little support as I require. My mentor is always on hand to give me support and so is my Manager

My salary/package can not be faulted. No other industry or competitor pays or provides as much benefits like Virgin media do.

There are plenty of opportunities outside of work, just one for example is that next week I am heading off to Kenya & Tanzania to complete a trip of a life time helping a charity reform schools.

9. Would you recommend Virgin Media to a friend?

They have treated me fairly and as an adult from day one. The salary package is fantastic. The work to home life balance is a huge aspect to virgin media and i think this plays a huge part in keeping morale high in teams.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Virgin Media?

Go for it. Give the application your best shot.