Business Apprentice at BAE Systems

Preston
Competitive
12th June 2015

8.8/10

MY Job title is a Business management apprentice. my daily tasks vary day to day and mainly involve working at a computer on packages such as Microsoft Excel. I work in the Commercial function which is the Customer facing function.

I have developed many skills during my apprenticeship. These range from things such as IT and Excel skills to confidence. I have gained a qualification in Excel and sm currently working on gaining a Project Management qualification

The programme is extremely rewarding and interesting, with the work varied and challenging, and all colleagues are pleasant and happy to help.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

I always feel valued within BAE Systems, and am made to feel that I am contributing to any success through feedback and praise after competing work given.

The programme is well structured and organised, with a clear induction period to help me settle into the business. There is also many support networks available and meetings can always be made to gain feedback or advice on any concerns.

I always receive support and guidance from my Training advisor, who is always willing to meet with me or advise me on any concerns I may have, whether personal or work related.

All areas of BAE Systems are open to help me with any problems I have and are all easy to approach and dicuss any topics with. There is support accessible within any area of the business.

The salary I get meets my costs and is sufficient

There are various events outside work which are available to all employees, either within the wider business or for each individual function. Thse can range from a team bonding session to external recruitment days

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

The scheme is very well organised with various opportunities to develop personally and proessionally.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

If there are any family members or friends who work at BAE,make sure to get advice from them. Also ensure you know about the products BAE make and the different sites they operate.