1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
the role is varied because we undertake placements in different area through our time however this means that you dont recieve much training in each until the fourth year because you are not there long enough.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
developed my engineering knowledge and decision making while here
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
the programme is very up and down depending on your current role, often there is very little to do in placements.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
not very, often left with no work and given no time for the college work while in a role, being a member of one side of the business makes it much harder in various roles than the other side
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
college and training are well organised, but placements often have no idea what to give us or what we can do and tend to be organised last minite on a first come first served basis
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
often support is given with in placements however for support with college work this need to be done through the college and in your own time.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as would be expected.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
although a lower paid apprenticeship than most lower level in the area the pay is reasonable.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
there are oppertunities to get involved with events outside of work although these depend alot on where you are in the company
9. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
although it has its issues a HND is the highest apprenticeship i've seen and they are working hard on improving the issues with the scheme as it is still new.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems?
don't expect a well oil machine but you can have faith everything will be sorted in the end.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!